Upgrade your Orion reflector with a quality 2" Orion Crayford-Style Focuser*. Designed to replace existing rack-and-pinion focusers on Orion telescope reflectors, the Crayford-style focuser provides an unmatched level of focusing smoothness and accuracy. Easy to install, this drop-in upgrade requires no modification of the optical tube.
The deluxe cast-aluminum focuser features super-smooth roller bearing motion designed to completely eliminate image shift through the entire focusing range. It's internally blackened to improve contrast and reduce glare. The machined metal knobs with rubber grips have a quality feel, and a tension control provides precise focusing adjustment. It accepts 2" and 1.25" telescope eyepieces.
It has a racked-in height of 2-11/16" and 1.4" (35mm) of drawtube travel. The base is contoured to fit Orion 8"- to 12"-aperture Dobsonian and other telescope reflector tubes. It replaces 2" rack-and-pinion focusers on Orion telescope reflectors.
NOTE: For 203mm (8") f/4.9 and 254mm (10") f/4.7 Orion reflectors, a #5122 eyepiece adapter is needed to reach focus. For attachment of a camera body for prime-focus photography, a #5117 T-thread camera adapter is required (sold separately).
*NOTE: The 2" Crayford-Style Focuser is not a drop-in replacement for the Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian or Orion reflectors smaller than 8" aperture without modification of the telescope. Orion SkyQuest Classic Dobsonians purchased prior to 2002 also require modification in order to use the 2" Crayford focuser (see instruction manual for details).
- Smooth, accurate Crayford-style focuser for reflector telescopes accepts both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
- Focuser body is contoured to fit 8"-12" reflector telescope tubes
- Roller-bearing design provides zero image-shift through focusing range – significantly improves performance compared to rack and pinion focusers
- Features deluxe machined focus knobs with rubber grips and adjustable tension control
- Lets you easily achieve the sharpest possible focus through a telescope, even at high magnifications
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.